10 Qualities of a Great Master of Ceremonies
You can spend millions on your function. But if you don't select your MC well, you will spoil a moment that was designed to be memorable.
1. Excellent Time Keeper. A great MC may start a function late (often beyond their control) but they never close a function late.
2. Dresses Well. Looks are not everything but they are part of a lot.
3. Grammar & Diction Matter. Even in vernacular great vocabulary sets you apart.
4. Sense of Humor. A great MC utilizes mature humor.
5. Sensitivity. Any group is diverse. A great MC handles all groups with tact and diplomacy.
6. Authoritative. If someone tries to hijack a function, a great MC takes charge. Long speeches are cut short by the MC. Boring moments are transformed.
7. Entertaining. A great MC is everything. He has all tricks in his bag. He can dance, sing, clown, be serious, cry and be romantic.
8. Intelligent. Even if you have never been to school, just show people that you know where schools are located.
9. Obedient. A great MC listens to the orders of his or her bosses. The people who have hired you.
10. Organized. No mungulu in MC-ship. Be on top of your game.
The author of this article MC Nawa is a professional director of ceremonies with over 300 functions under his belt in fifteen years. For contact and bookings or FREE consultations call 0963739100