6 Lessons from Poor People
Poverty is not the lack of money. The lack of money is a manifestation of a state of mind. Poor people are not just on the streets homeless. There are even people with money who are poor. I have met homeless people who are richer than those in mansions.
1. Poor people blame others. They fail to take responsibility for anything. But they enjoy heaping the blame on everyone else.
2. Lack of Initiative. A poor minded person can have a candle, a matchstick and darkness yet fail to connect the dots.
3. Contentment. Poor people are content with little. They have more faith in keeping things as they are than they do in advancing.
4. Complaint Oriented. Poor people use energy to amplify problems. They do not know it takes energy to be happy but much less than it dies to be sad. Rather than complaining about what's wrong why not celebrating what's right.
5. Freebies Mindset. A poor minded person wants everything for free. They believe their sense of entitlement makes them deserve everything in life. A poor person wants a free car even if they have no drivers licence.
6. Potentially Rich. Poor people do not realise they have the skill for managing wealth. A poor person does more with little than most rich people do. What we need to do is ask God for more so we can change not just the lives of others but improve our own.
Poverty is a state of mind. You can have little and stretch it. And you can have much and yet it feels little. God bless and I speak success all around you.
Mubita C. Nawa